I have discovered this awesome Easy DIY Deep Conditioning Treatment that I must say works wonders for my strands. It’s a protein treatment that helps to replace the lack of it in your hair. If you’re thinking of colouring your hair it’s best to add a deep conditions treatment to your routine.
This DIY treatment is super easy and you can get every single item right out of your kitchen. Most persons wouldn’t even need to buy a single thing.
The coconut oil can be replaced with cantor oil for Sweet Almond Oil. Remember to do a strand test especially if you think you have protein sensitivity.
Let’s get right into it!! You will need:
- 2 Eggs
- 1-2 cups Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 6 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Coconut Milk
- 3 drops Lemongrass essential oil
- Wide teeth comb
- Plastic cap
3 Tips to help with your Easy DIY Deep Conditioning Treatment
1. Mix them all together in a bowl in the order listed adding the coconut milk very slowly. Adding too much milk will allow for the mixture to be runny
2. The mixture should be a little thick. Apply to hear liberally after shampooing and before using your favourite conditioner.
3. The eggs can be a little raw hence, I suggest using lemongrass oil or any strong smelling essential oil. you can also use one part ACV to Two parts water to close your cuticles and get rid of any raw egg smell.
3. It’s best to use cold water, hot water will cook the eggs. I learnt that the hard way. I was picking out scrambled eggs out of my hair for two weeks.
I got all my ingredients from the supermarket or I had them laying around.