Ethnicurlies I want to introduce to the Whirl & Twirl Girl for July, one of the kindest most genuine persons that I have grown to know and love here in the BVI. This woman is the strongest most determined, humble woman I have ever come across, her personality shines through her every pores. When I met her she did not rock a natural hair but her spirit and her lifestyle was very ethnic, she is a true beauty and I am proud she is a fan of the Ethnicurls community.
- Please tell us little about you?
2. Why did you decide to go natural and how did you make the change?
I’ve been natural for as long as I can remember. I did try relaxer and a Jerry Curl back in the day but that’s not my thing. I had dreadlocks for 14 years until I did a big chop. After I cut the locks off I kept it in a low cut for a while but now I’m letting it grow out and loving this journey. It does have its challenges but I’m working it out day by day.
- What is your current hair routine/regimen? And if you don’t have time to do a full style what is your quick fix routine or your GO TO hairstyle?
I use different butters, aloe, almond, Shea and so on and mix them with oils. I Shampoo with ACV, co-wash or condition and do a lot of protective styles protective styling.
My go to styles are either head wraps/scarves or a Fro with a flower on one side
- What has been your major hair issue?
Biggest challenge, I would definitely say my edges. After having locks for 14 years the twisting and the length of my hair took a toll on my edges. So certain styles I’m not really able to do but I camouflage using different tricks to hide my bald patches. 😉
- What are the kinds of comments you receive since your hair is now natural and did anybody close to you have a problem with you wearing your hair in its current state?
My family’s already lives a holistic life style and are naturalists themselves so that’s easy. A few of my coworkers and acquaintances are not on board but I don’t let that bother me. That’s their issue, not mine; they need to work that out.
- Tell us your 3 best hair products you use and why?
I like to make my own stuff by mixing oils and butters with herbs but I also use Sauve conditioners, ACV and Mehendi Henna.
7. Tell us what you love about your hair the most?
I love everything about my hair because it’s mine. My natural God given 4c thin hair.