So this is post three in the Love Your Hair Series and I hope you guys have already read the other two. Read Series #1 here and Series #2 here. This one is about 10Natural Hair tools you cannot live without. We are getting deeper into learning to Love Your Natural Hair, remember it’s about understanding what you need and how to use your knowledge to manipulate your hair in styles that you love.
You will not be able to have a smooth and loving relationship with your hair if you do not have some essential tools to make your life easier.
Now don’t go be a tools Junkie and create clutter, unless its Hairpins, those little suckers just diss-a-pear.
The aim of this series is to help you understand your hair type, what is needed to take care of your hair find the right tools to help you manipulate your strands into creative styles.
Without further adieu here are 10 must-have tools that you always have to rebuy or should always have in your natural here arsenal:
- Duckbill clips – These will come in handy on wash days or whenever you need to do a style.
- Combs – You need at least 2, wide teeth and a rattail comb.
- Tangle Teaser or Denman Brush – Okay so this should have been #1. No style will look right if your hair isn’t detangled properly.
- Hooded dryer – This is absolutely essential if you have low porosity hair, applying heat to your hair while doing a treatment will make all the difference with hair growth and retention. If you’re having issues with retaining length you may be making one of these mistakes. Read this posts
- Spray Bottle – Moisturising your natural curls is a daily activity and best moisturiser is H2O. A spray bottle with water or a hair spritzer will save your life. Well, maybe not YOUR life but your hairs life.
- Applicator bottle – All Hair textures need certain essential oils to assist with scalp health and again hair growth. An applicator bottle will come in handy to apply your oil mixture to your luscious strands.
- Bobby Pins – These have been cursed by all Gods. No matter how much you start the week with you will end up with NONE. Buy 3000 today and by midday day you’re down to 5! Hence why you should get a whoooole lot, most hairstyles can be saved by just one bobby pin.
- Ouchless Hair Bands – Get the ones without that metal clamp or it will snag your hair. Using a stocking foot or waist is just as effective or even better
- Satin Bonnet or Scarf – This item is crucial to hair length retention and even helping to keep those edges slayed after a style.
- Steam Cap – For two reason, keeping your style dry in the summer and creating the greenhouse effect when your hair needs to be treated.
All of these tools/equipment can be obtained at any local beauty store or Amazon.
So you have been armed. Start looking up different DIY hair treatments you can use to make your strands super happy.