Lottabody has been around for years. They started with a setting lotion that was like hair magic for relaxed hair, so when they came out with their Love products for moisturising your natural hair, I just had to do a Lottabody Product Review. The products I will be reviewing is the Shape Me Custard Gelee, Moisturize Me Curl & Style Milk and Love Me 5-n-1 Leave-In Treatment. Let’s dive right in, you can continue reading or watch the video below. Don’t forget, if you are new natural start your journey here
Moisturize Me Curl & Style Milk
Product Benefits as seen on their website:
- Defines curls
- Tames frizz
- Adds moisture & brilliant shine
- For relaxed & natural hair
The moisturizer claims to be able to tame frizz, add shine and defines curls. It will define the curls of Type 3 and Type 4A hair but not so much 4b and 4C kinky curly hair. It makes your hair feel very fluffy and it adds so much moisture to your hair that it almost like…. I am speechless. This product may be one of the best in their line in my humble opinion.
Love Me 5-n-1 Leave-In Treatment
- Detangles & Conditions
- Heat Protection
- Adds Moisture & Brilliant Shine
- Prevents Split Ends
- Tames Frizz
The 5 in 1 Leave-In Conditioner also claims to also tame frizz, good for preventing the hair from heat damage and adds moisture to your strand. So far so good on those claims. With regard to the frizz portion using the leave in with the styling milk will reduce frizz but on its own, for me, it didn’t really work 100. It does add some shine and it does tame frizz when combined with other products in the line, however, I am not sold on the preventing split ends bit. Split ends are caused by varying factors and one product alone without exceeding right techniques won’t be able to prevent that problem
Shape Me Custard Gelee
- Long-lasting hold
- Tames frizz
- Adds moisture
- For relaxed & natural hair
The Gelee was the most surprising of all 3 products I bought. It proclaims to have a good hold…. meh I’m looking for more hold but it will work for other hair textures. It also says it’s good for relaxed and natural hair. While I can understand why Lottabody has that on their packaging because they started being all about the relaxed Hair sisters. I’m personally not a fan of companies who create products that state that relaxed hair can get the same results, we curly hair divas need a little bit more love…hmmm I wonder if that’s where the whole heart in the name and ‘Me” portion of the products come in, like shape me, moisturize me, control me…lol soo cute!
My Final Thoughts
- Cost – I really love these products, they are cost efficient anybody can pick up the entire line and not break the bank.
- Moisture – They are super moisturising and we Type 4 hair curls do suffer from a lack of moisture to our strands. The Shea and Coconut oils are very prominent in the formula
- Slippage – Let’s grade the slippage from 1-5. 5 being the most slippage in a product. I would give it strong 4.5, it has slippage and it really detangles your hair while using the products that’s a plus for me right there!
- Scent – It smells great, I love the smell.
- Promise – I will do a 1-5 grading hear as well and I would also give it a solid 4.5, it claims to be moisturizing they have that covered and they have the frizz portion and the detangling bit down too, I am not sold on the prevent split ends part, that is to be continues
- Meh – I don’t care very much for that slippery feeling on my hand after I use the product, kind of like an over moisturising lotion, it feels greasy but it’s not really grease, it is should some kind of cast. Don’t like that but washing your hand after will get rid of that.
- Interactions – This mixes well with other products, like a Eco styler gel or essential oils. This is major for me cause no one product can do what I want so my hair is a kaleidoscope of styling products *palm to face*
Good job! While writing this post a friend of mine Tomeica, came over my shoulder and said wow Lottabody still around, what are they doing these days? I spoke to her about the product and she is blown away, of course, she like most only knew about the setting lotion. Lottabody joined the natural hair community and came out with moisturising gloves on. I like these products a lot. I would like to see them expand the brand into colour treated natural hair products with a GREAT deep conditioner.
So there you go, guys, You have been armed, now go out and try something it a “LOTTA-LOVE” for your hair.